March 25th, 2020
To All Galvan Customers:
Throughout the duration of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we at Galvan Industries will be committed to keeping our employees safe and healthy, and continuing to serve our customers.
Galvan Industries has been determined to be an “Essential Business” and will remain open during any possible mandated shutdown in order to meet our customers’ critical needs. Our shipping, receiving and production areas are manned and operating.
The Department Homeland Security, Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) published guidelines on the identification of essential critical infrastructure workers during COVID-19 response on March 19, 2020. Galvan is considered a member of the sector of essential critical infrastructure workers called Critical Manufacturing. Specifically, our products and services are essential and critical to the areas of transportation, energy, communications, chemical manufacturing, the operation of dams, water and wastewater treatment.
Our goal is to work with all our customers to the best of our abilities through this unforeseen and remarkable situation. Here are some of the recent steps we have taken to ensure the safety and sustainability of our business:
- We have held training classes with all of our employees reinforcing all the recommended guidelines provided by the US Department of Health and the NC Dept of Health to protect against and mitigate the transfer of the virus within and outside our facilities.
- We will practice Social Distancing at all times, employ teleconferences with management in lieu of face to face meetings, employees will work from home when feasible and in-office work schedules will be staggered.
- We are limiting both our personal visits to customers and visits to our facilities from outside, substituting phone calls wherever possible.
- We have made certain that our supply chain is stable and that we have sufficient inventories of basic raw materials to continue operations without interruptions.
- We have our sales and customer service staff available by phone and email, and capable of working remotely outside the office, if required.
Going forward, we will proactively study and respond on a day to day basis to the conditions and information available from governmental authorities, our employees and our customers. We will keep you informed of any necessary changes to our current situation.
Thank you for your business and your continued partnership.