Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Harrisburg, North Carolina
Shift/Hours: 12-hour shifts (2-2-3) 7 am – 7 pm or 7 pm – 7 am
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing production and plant equipment in a high speed, continuous production environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all required operations to install, maintain, diagnose problems, and make necessary repairs to machines to assure efficient operating condition for maximum availability of production needs
- Test equipment and then adjust, replace, or repair damaged electrical mechanisms/parts. Reassemble machine and run to assure proper operation to production requirements and specifications
- Move and install motors, heating, and all types of major electrical control equipment, and systems
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to supervisor
- Understand, maintain, and perform work according to quality and environmental standards
- Operate a forklift, a Man lift and be able to work in elevated situations for long periods of time
- Lead and execute projects/maintenance activities
- Read and follow equipment manufacturer’s manuals
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Perform general buildings and grounds maintenance as required
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition
- Follow established company rules and regulations and safety precautions
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in electrical maintenance in a continuous production environment.
- Good time management and proven multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrates initiative, sense of urgency and is self-motivated when addressing work tasks
- Electrical ability including reading schematic drawings and using a multi-meter
- Hydraulic and pneumatic understanding and experience
- Experience using shop tools such as a drill press, grinder, and threading machine
- Basic Welding skills
- Solid trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Basic verbal communication skills and report writing skills
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior Galvanizing experience
- Experience working with 3 phase motors, compressors, and hoist/cranes
- Shift work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of overhead crane experience
Excellent Benefit Package
- Generous 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance (Spouse & Children)
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet conditions, extreme heat, fumes and airborne particles, toxic and caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move throughout the facility including on uneven terrain. Employee will operate equipment such as overhead cranes, robots, and forklift as well as position self to inspect equipment and ascend/descend to view equipment. Duties also require moving items up to 75lbs.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee as required.