Position: General Labor
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill a position within our company. This individual will be responsible for preparing products and materials for the galvanizing process by wiring and hanging individual pieces on racks and fixtures and stacking beams, pipes, and tubes in stands. We are 24/7 company with (3) three shifts. In addition, this individual will be responsible for:
- Inspecting and identifying worn or damaged production fixtures, chains, and hooks and facilitating proper repair or discarding irreparable items.
- Hand wiring parts to racks for pickling and galvanizing.
- Wrapping chains and ropes around steel bundles.
- Moving steel by hand from different locations in the yard.
- Wiping excess zinc and/or ash from steel as it is removed from galvanizing kettle.
- Using power tools to help prepare steel for pickling or galvanizing
- Assist in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- Work safely, protecting self and others from accident and injury
What it takes
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- The ability to communicate issues to department manager.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to walk or stand the entire shift.
- Reliable transportation.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous experience in a galvanizing position.
- Previous experience with hand tools and gauges including impact wrenches, grinders, drills, and torches.
- Previous experience operating overhead cranes.
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions.
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Outdoor environment may be subjected to extreme temperature, wetness and / or humidity.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check.